Friday, February 6, 2009

A Sticky Situation



Hanging pictures can be tricky sometimes. Especially if your blank spot that needs filling isn't a true wall that can accept nails easily.

Enter Industrial Velcro. Those two magical pieces will open up a whole new world of decorating.

I had a blank spot over my kitchen stovetop that was yearning to be filled with something to fill those lonely hours slaving over those burners (HA!). I fell in love with the above picture from Targe' and mounted it immediately.

Note to self...remove paper backing from picture before attaching velcro. I speak from experience here. Let's just say it involved a 2 am wakeup complete with loading a shotgun as defense against the intruder we thought was entering out home. Good times....good times.

I leaned the picture against the wall for several days after the incident before I had the courage (and permission from Senor Shotgun) to mount the velcro to the actual wood of the frame and try again. It will be forever mounted on that tile for the amount of velcro I applied.

Have a mentioned my husband is a saint? Muchas gracias, Senor Shotgun.

0 comments: