Friday, February 27, 2009

Saddle Up Your Horses

I know, I know. You are thinking....She said she is going to limit her time on the computer BUT she has posted 4 times this week.

I know.

I have limited my time on the computer. I've barely been on it! You'd be so proud.

But, when there are things to say and share, it just is what it is. I'll probably be totally off the radar next week.

Anybody within a 100-mile radius knows the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo begins today. I love me some Rascal Flatts and corn dogs. If the Trail Riders on the feeder roads didn't tip you off, perhaps the lines down the feeder road to get into the Cavendar's Boot City parking lot might. I was in that line getting a hat for my roughrider yesterday.



I also found a shirt that suits him perfectly. It says "Breaking Hearts and Horses....It's a Hard Life". Love it.



JT chose to opt out of dressing for the Western Day festivities and wear A&M baseball gear. True that, dawg.

If you haven't succumb to the pressure to buy some new duds for rodeo, I have a new find to share, courtesy of my friend Sarah. It's called the Texas Junk Company and they tout Houston’s largest collection of used cowboy boots and a great selection of random Texas junk. Their site says they are open 11-6 PM, Thursday-Saturday, so call before heading downtown to visit.

This little treasure will save you muchas dolares on kids' boots that they will most likely outgrown before the next Rodeo season and also prevent your child from looking like a vaquero in the high-heeled Wal-Mart-variety. I'm just sayin'...that kind of stuff can scar a kid for life.

And Jenny, I'll be sure and keep this place a secret from your Dad...unless he's already BFFs with Bob, the owner.

Any other Western wear finds you care to share?

0 comments: