Friday, February 13, 2009

A Good Idea in Theory

The 100th day of school has come and gone....as have most of the googley eyes on Weston's shirt.



But he DID get big snaps for creativity.

Perhaps it would have been worth it to actually buy fabric glue and maybe I should have done a better job explaining that the eyes will indeed fall off when you beat your chest like Tarzan.

But you know what? Mr. Positive said, "That's OK,Mom, they mostly stayed on until recess."

I SO dig that about him.

I guess my big plans of selling the shirt-of-all-shirts to the highest bidder are a faint memory. You'll have to make your own trip to Hobby Lobby and make the biggest decision of your life: black and white googley eyes or colored googley eyes.

Or will you be that cool Mom that actually agrees to hot glue 100 pieces of dog food to your child's shirt.

On second thought, don't be that Mom.

1 comments:

RebekahC said...

I love the idea! I'm getting ready to go to the store now to buy the supplies to help my 6 year old decorate her 100 days of school tshirt tonight. We haven't yet worked out exactly what we're going to do, but I love your concept of spelling out the "100". I may have to come up with something around that. The google eyes are great, btw. Maybe my 4 year old will want them on her shirt. Because, naturally, she insists she gets to decorate a shirt if big sister does. hehe