Thursday, February 26, 2009

Something to Chew On...

Ok, really quick...

I made a deal with myself. The amount of time I spend working on my fitness or studying the Word, I get equal time on the computer. Since I did me some Turbo Jam this morning, I earned some time. Yippee!

Often there are ladies that are put in your life, ones who have walked the road your walking for a bit longer. These ladies are sometimes called Titus women (from Titus 2:3-5). These ladies can offer wisdom, encouragement and priceless advice.

Through the miracle of the internet, I got a Word from one of those kind of gals yesterday. Her name is Gail Hyatt and her husband, Michael, is the CEO of a Christian Publishing Company. Another blogger, sharing life experiences.

Please go here to read what she had to say about encouraging your man. I promise, once you read it, you will keep chewing on it.

And then, go here to read what her husband had to say about her.

Now, don't get in a pit over what either of them said. I posted their words to show you what God can do in a marriage if allowed the room to do so.

How's that 40-day decision going for you?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,

I was doing some research on where visitors to my blog come from and I was led to your blog.

First of all I want to thank you for your kind words. I am very honored and humbled by them. Mike and I do have a great marriage—coming up on 31 years this July—but neither of us is perfect by any stretch of the imagination. We're just intentional about it. Always working on it. Thanks be to God.

Secondly, I love your blog. Very creative, very helpful and very inspirational. Keep going. I know it can be a real challenge with two boys to chase around, but it seems like you're managing. Well done!

Thirdly, I noticed you live in Texas. I'm in Texas this week for the Christian Book Expo. (http://www.christianbookexpo.com/) Just curious, will you be attending?

May God bless all that your hands find to do.

Warm regards,
Gail