Friday, March 20, 2009

Feet Relief

Mosquitoes

'Round these parts, nothing positive comes to mind when that word is spoken. Houstonians, young and old, can be found sporting the oh-so-recognizable scent of Off from March to November.

I'm not kidding.

But I'm here today to give a new reputation to the word that brings about lots of itching.

Meet your feet's new BFFs....Moszkitos Sandals.

The founder of this company was a Flip Flop wearer all his entire life, when it became apparent after years of running, skiing and enormous amounts of fun, having arch support in all his footwear was necessary. So when it came time to developing their Archy Sandal line of flip-flops, fun and fashion were a key component.

Can I hear an Amen??

I'm lovin' their slogan: When you are on your next vacation don't let your footwear let you down halfway through your day.

I read about them in Shape Magazine and decided to give them a try, as I live in my flops all summer long (and honestly, most of the fall, too). This was a huge step for me because returning them would be an ordeal if they didn't work.

I ordered two pair (brave, right?). No worries. I'm SO not returning them.




You love them, don't you?


Just like any brand-new shoe, I broke them in by walking around the house (the arch support was a new concept for me). They are good to go now.

You might think they are a bit pricey, but if you order 2 or more pair, enter the code FAMILYPLAN and receive 25% off. And did I mention they offer free, FAST shipping?

If my choices don't do it for you, check out their many other styles and colors.

On a side note....let me also give a shout-out to Reefs sandals. They have been my go-to shoe for 2 summers running. I have this pair and this pair and wore them practically every day last summer. And you know Zappos give you the free-shipping-both-ways love.

When shopping for sandals this spring, remember.....Summer is too short to wear shoes that hurt your feet....at least, sandals.

2 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

I am considering ordering a couple of pairs. I just bought some Yellow Box flip flops at the rodeo. Those are fun flip flops too.

Lunch soon I promise!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought someone had figured out a way to install mosquito repellant inside flip flops! haha.....
I want to see yours. in person!
love you.
n.