Saturday, December 27, 2008

This and That

It's a gloomy afternoon, perfect for a nap...but sleep won't come.

I took down part of my Christmas decorations but am losing motivation fast. Nothing like killing time by catching up on blogs.

Although shopping is the last thing on most of our minds, I found this treasure today and wanted to share. It resembles Piggies and Paws, but instead of a framed picture, you'll have a plate. Their company is called Clay Memories. Mercy, I am such a sucker for using kids' unique prints and transforming them into amazing artwork. If I was a Longhorn fan, I'd SO be ordering that cookie jar. Too die for!

And if you came into some extra cash this Christmas and wanted to indulge in something just for YOU, go here now! I have been eyeing this style of jewerly for awhile and I might just take the plunge. It will be hard to decide which to order. How cute is the name of her business? You might also want to check out The Vintage Pearl. Similiar style, different designs.

And finally, indulge me for a sec because I just cannot shake this.

Do you ever feel as if the story of Christmas has become less extraordinary? When has it ever been common for a 14 year-old girl to be told by an angel that she will give birth to the Messiah, the Savior of the world? How could she even begin to explain THAT to her fiance'? Hear my clearly...this offense was punishable by stoning. I know there are days at 35 years old that I can't find courage to handle even the simplest of task. Mary was remarkable in my eyes. And Joseph... what a man among men, a true hero full of integrity and honor. I don't want to add a ton of comentary because I believe the video below speaks completely for itself. A baby DOES change everything. You cannot help but be different when He comes in and takes over your life. I, for one, could use some of that kind of change. See if you can get through this without raising a hand to give Him praise. I sure couldn't.

0 comments: