Monday, May 18, 2009

Vacay


Some of my blog stalkers were ribbing me about the frequency of my blog posts..or the lack thereof.

I just simply told them I don't have much to say right now. Well, truth be told, I do have lots going through this head of mine, but some things need to be kept in the vault, if you know what I mean.

I'm learning quite a bit in this season of life and I pray it sticks....as to not have to live some of it out again. Nothing earth-shattering. Just life-stuff. Silly stuff. Just stuff. Can you relate?

I have also been spending time planning and researching 2 vacations we are taking this summer.

Mr. Mounce and I are celebrating 15 years in January, but we have someone to keep our darlins' in June...so we're celebrating now. We're blessed! So grateful to our familia for taking the boys on an adventure so we can enjoy each other for a few days.

We decided to throw caution and Swine Flu to the wind and head to Playa. I just figure I'll use a straw and clean my silveware discreetly. And I'll be washing my hands frequently.

I'd like to thank the media for furthering my OCD tendencies. 'Preciate it. You've scared the dickens out of people. And thank you, Media, for inturn, causing airlines and hotels to jack up the prices to Hawaii as a result of all those people who were traveling to Mexico changing their plans. If only we'd booked a month ago. Grrr.

Rabbit trail. Sorry 'bout that.

The Mounces are also packing up the White Knight and heading to Destin this summer. I'm a big fat baby when it comes to driving long distances...guess I'll need to put on my big-girl-panties and deal with it.

Small sacrifice for my boys...all 3 of them. They LOVE the beach.

The planning has taken much more research than I anticipated because we decided not to stay in a hotel, as we wanted the choice of cooking a few meals ourselves. My children can only eat the Yellow Meal so much. You know....chicken nuggets, french fries, corn and lemonade.

Little did I know that a certain website would be a gold mine AND extremely overwhelming...all at the same time.

Vacation Rentals By Owner is a site that offers over 120,000 rental properties....all over the world. Tons of choices with pictures and reviews. Love it!

What has become so overwhelming is the massive amounts of rentals in and around Destin. I just never knew there was so much to consider. Rosemary Beach, South Walton and Seacrest have been recommended, as they are not as crowded as Destin proper.

Have you endured the 9 hour car ride to Destin? Do you have recommendation of where to stay in these areas?

And looky what else I found! Check out this darlin' vacation journal. Can you hardly stand how cute it is? And you have three choices: Vacay, Beach House or Guests.....OR you can personalize your own. Is there no limit to what is available on Etsy.com?

I'm such a sucker for marketing. Which is why I need some of you experienced travelers to offer your advice! Hook a Sista' up, please!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Weston! Wow, we're not 7 years older too, are we?