Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just One of The Guys

Being the only girl in a house of boys is....well, different.

I buy Glade Plug-ins by the case...food, as well.

My gameroom resembles a used car lot due to the massive amounts of Hot Wheels and car magazines. Boys and their cars.

I've had the rare privilege of purchasing 'protective gear' for BOTH my sons, only to have them knock on them....just to show me how well they work. Said gear has also been handed to me, in a restaurant, and then taken up residency in my purse.

Magical.

I'm told, almost weekly, that some areas are not my 'domain' therefore I cannot be an expert in said area. Gotcha. I can receive that. I'll remember that when it's time for the 'talk'. I've got the memory of an elephant.

And I'm well aware it's just a matter of time before I'll be on deodorant patrol. I have mad skills in this area...I taught 5th grade, after all.

I LOVE my boys, stank and all. All 3 of them. The are incredibly forgiving and think I'm the best mom ever.

Please don't let them in on the truth.

I tell you all this to explain the uniqueness of my Mother's Day card from my firstborn this year.

Hallmark can't touch this one.

Mom-

*You are a baseball flying through the air and going over the fence.
*You are a CD being listened to with lots of rock songs on it.
*You are a sea shell lying on the sand.
*You are a giant hugging me to protect me from the storm.
*You are a special daisy in a massive daisy patch.
*You are an amazing computer going to Airliners.net.
*You are a chocolate chip cookie, warm out of the oven.
*You are a car driving as quickly as possible to baseball practice.
*You are a ride at Schlitterbahn watching kids smile when they ride it.

You are the best mom ever. Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
John Tyler

He loves baseball, Christian rock bands, the beach, airliners.net, chocolate chip cookies, waterparks....and ME.

Being the only girl in the house has its benefits.

I am the luckiest gal in the world.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful stories. I have two boys 5 and 7 and I am at about your stage. I cherish the kisses and hugs everyday.