Friday, April 3, 2009

It Doesn't Grow on Trees


Saving money is making me lose my mind.

I pride myself on keeping up with a lot of information on various topics. I can remember insane amounts of minute details and sometimes, absolutely useless information. I know, I'm a freak of nature...it goes beyond my ability to smell freakyness from miles away.

But this saving money thing just flat makes my brain hurt.

There are 5 bazillion blogs out there trying to help families tighten their belts in a joyful way. I SO dig that about them! Isn't that just like women? And I want to get on board, I really do. But dern if I can't even figure out how to begin, without getting in a pit about how much money I've wasted by NOT doing all the things they are telling me to do. Then I end up in my pantry eating 100-calorie packs of chocolate, in the dark, to cope. Um, did I just say that outloud?

So, in an effort to share the money-saving' love, I'll pass along the information that has caused me to have a funny twitch. I feel some dessert therapy coming on again.....and it's only 9:45 am. But it's Friday..so anything goes! That's how we roll in the Mounce household. Sugar cereal for breakfast? Sure! It's Friday. See, fun Laurie 2009 is making an appearance every once in awhile.

Coupon Cravings

Deal Catcher

Dealicious Mom

Free Birthday Treats

The Free Shipping Blog: has had a Go Frugal blog-carnival all week.

Gotta Deal

Money Saving Methods:This is a step-by-step guide to get started. Music to my Type-A ears!

Money Saving Mom

Price Drop Alerts: The monitor prices, they drop, you save!

Slick Deals

and finally...Heather, over at Sit A Spell, covered a lot of ground in one post.

It's a lot of information, I know. But just pick and choose what you want to try and save the rest for later or ditch it. Every little bit helps and baby steps will keep you out of therapy.....or the pantry, in my case.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my money saving tip for you....Stop buying 100 Calorie Packs! I know you're a sucker for marketing but whatever you're eating in the pantry is the exact same product that comes in a big package - they've just counted out 100 calories worth for you and are charging you extra for doing it. There you go - money saved! : ) cm