Friday, December 4, 2009

The Blind Side


My man loves to see movies.

Loves, loves, loves to see movies in the theater on a big screen.

The problem is there is not a terribly large selection of what we both want to see.

The last movie we saw was so awful, I really wanted that 2 hours of my life back.

Truly.

But we saw 2 previews that were promising.

The first was Everybody's Fine and the second was The Blind Side.

We had us a date night last night and went to see The Blind Side.

OH....MY....WORD

I cannot express how amazing this movie was. That 2-hour emotional rollercoaster was quite a ride. And of course...laughter through tears is the best.

I wondered if I would love it as much as I love Remember The Titans.

I did.

This will be another one of those movies that I'll get sucked into watching every time it comes on tv. Heck...I'd go see it again today and again next week. It was just that good.

I SO wanted my kids to see it...but there were parts that would have been just too much for my boys.

I want them to really understand how blessed we are in every way. We want for absolutely nothing.

I want them to know the reason behind why we adopt a family from The Giving Tree. There are great needs in our area.

I want them to know why their school has adopted kiddos from a sister school in CyFair. There are children all over this district that will not eat 3 meals a day during Christmas break because the free/reduced meal option is 2 of the meals they eat each day.

I want them to learn at an early age to look beyond themselves...their lives...their wants.....and see there is lots of opportunities to do a whole lot of good right here in Houston, Texas.

And it made me want to put my hope and efforts in things that are eternal, not things that rust or fade away...now, more than ever.

Go see this movie. I promise you will want to see it again and again.

Want to know more about the Tuohys? Check out the links below.

interview with Sandra Bullock

interview with Leigh Ann Tuohy and another here

1 comments:

The Curtis Crew said...

We saw it, too and feel the same way. It was a GREAT movie!