Thursday, June 11, 2009

Needle in a Haystack


I wish I had something new and exciting to brighten your Thursday, but VBS 2009 has sucked all the major brain cells and ideas right out of my head. That and the excitement and preparations of a pending vacation from life as I know it. Vacay baby!

Now....if I could just get over the drug cartels my friend happen to mention in passing, I'd be golden. I'm already over swine flu....now that's progress.

Moving on....Let's talk Father's Day.

It's a week from Sunday, you know.

As mentioned in my 3rd ever blog post almost exactly 1 year ago, I have the Father's Day tradition of taking a picture of me and the boys each year for Tray's office. I love to see how the boys have changed. If you only knew the bribing that goes on.

I still need to take our pic...I guess I'm holding my breath and waiting for my face to clear-up. What is an almost-36-year-old gal doing with acne? For the love.

BUT, if that doesn't happen, Laurie at Tip Junkie has some pretty great ideas of the homemade variety. I have to say that the D-A-D pic is my next plan of action if I can't get the money shot very soon. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? Face it people...nothing is new under the sun. Why re-invent the wheel?

Never checked out her site? You are missing a blessing! She posts a bazillion different ideas from lots of bloggers by category.

And on that subject..have you ever caught yourself hunting for a previous post on a blog and feeling like you are looking for a needle in a haystack? Are you aware there is a search function built into the blogs on blogger.com? Yessiree....just type in a keyword for what you are looking for in the box in the upper left-hand corner and hit 'search blog'.

It's saved me hours of searching when I was looking for this killer Italian Cream Cake recipe and this super amazing getaway I might want to visit some day.

I just added hours to your life. Now you can re-watch episodes of Lost in an effort to actually figure out what the heck that show is even about. I prefer NCIS....everything is solved, neat and tidy, in 60 minutes flat.

Don't judge.










0 comments: