Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Daily Record

I'm not much of a journal girl.

Well, let's be more specific.

I LOVE the idea of journaling and as one would expect, I have about 5 or 6 cute little spiral journals in my possession on a shelf or in a drawer. BUT...Sister don't journal...I can't write fast enough to write down what I'm thinking. I even tried to type out my journal and that didn't work either.

I like to take notes in my journals. Notes from sermons, podcasts, and even notes from books I read. One would think highlighting would be the answer but I like to write down what sticks out so I can go back and read it later. I often check out books from the library and you can't highlight in those without getting in big fat trouble.

I have a friend who I've known for almost half my life. She's was my college roommate and truly is one of the most stinkin' hilarious people I know. I could never be as funny as her..even if I tried. And she's got these 4 hilarious kids too....4 GIRLS, y'all. Her man is funny too...If you don't need humor in that house, I don't know when you need it.

She actually likes to journal but as you can imagine, doesn't have an abundance of time. Her oldest is 11 and her youngest is almost 3....and that young one? Her middle name is Estel but I like to call her Stella. She single-handedly keeps B on her toes and her knees, for sure. But dang, they are all SO darlin'.

B introduced me to a very fun journal that is totally doable and quite fun.

Q & A a Day is a 5-year journal that asks you a different question every day. For example....Are you an original or a remix? Who would you trade places with for a day? What's your favorite piece of clothing?

Nothing too complicated. But the cool part is that it chronicles those same answers for 5 years...so you can see exactly how you answered the question each year. This journal is great for someone who is embarking on a new phase or maybe just a way to stop and think creatively each day.

365 questions, 5 years, 1, 825 answers.

How fun is that?

What's been fun is to answer some of the questions with Tray before we go to bed. Today's question/challenge is 'Write down a few lines from a song or poem that you identify with today'.

I guarantee his will be completely different from mine. Y'all know how much God speaks to me through music. How will I be able to pick a line or two? The space isn't very big, girls!

If you are in the market for a fun gift, this would be a great idea. They also have Mom's One Line a Day, a great way to capture what your kiddos are doing each day and My Quotable Kid.

I'll leave you with tomorrow's question: What invention could you not live without?

Ready..set...go!

And as a hint for a future post....I've acquired a new-to-me invention that I have the biggest crush on....love at first sight, I tell ya!

0 comments: