Thursday, January 21, 2010

Three Rounds of Randomness

First things first:::: Please pray for sweet baby Witt. You may have never clicked on that blue square on the left side of my blog but today is that day. His little heart needs a lot of prayer and his Mom and Dad do as well. I'm quite sure your prayer list is growing, just as is mine. I can't help but sometimes think life is just so hard. Thank you for interceding for this precious family.

Hopefully absence has made your heart grow fonder and you'll be especially intrigued by the three rounds of randomness I bring you today.

With a house full of boys and a dog, the need to cover odors is right up there with making sure we never run out of beef jerkey and toilet paper.

I'm a candle girl by nature, but when I'm not paying close attention to those darn wicks, the slight black smoke makes it way to my walls and that's not a blessing. You might not even notice it until you take a picture down off your wall and realize you know exactly where to hang it again.

Recent development of soy candles has certainly helped as they don't emit the black smoke, but an open flame is still a dangerous venture as ball throwing is not limited to the great outdoors in the Mounce house.

I love me some plug-ins and they do the job for my smelly canine but what to do with all these candles?

Enter the electric candle warmer.

You might notice this particular model got bum reviews and I was in agreement until I realized a smaller candle is needed to allow the candle wax to completely liquify. I had been making the mistake of plopping a big 'ol Yankee Candle on there and wondering why I wasn't smelling anything. I'm happy to report my warmer is NOT broken. How 'bout that?

Now let's talk house shoes. Can't say I've ever been in the camp that wears them frequently as my feet tend to get super hot and I don't have an abundance of hard floors in my house. But the Acorn Spa Thong had me the minute I slipped them on. And with them being major on-sale, 6 colors to choose from AND free shipping? Sold to the girl in Cypress!

My final offering is an opportunity for your family to kick family game night up a notch in sophistication.

No Stress Chess is a way to learn chess without stress! The secret? An innovative deck of action cards. Each depicts a chess piece and how it moves. Once you become comfortable with the moves and powers of each chess piece, you can flip the two-sided board over and play standard chess. 68 5-star ratings can't be wrong!

Here's hoping you have a great rest of the week and I have more organized thoughts next week!

0 comments: