Thursday, January 7, 2010

In This Love For Life

It started with a date party in the Fall of 1992.


He made a video to ask me to his formal.
Should have known right there that he wasn't like the others.

I attended said formal and received a 'D' in Anatomy
that semester as I didn't study a lick
that entire weekend.

Whoopsie.

Changed my major next semester.
It was the first of many ways he would corrupt me....just kidding.
Yes, I did say that outloud.

Fast forward 3 years and he picked me to be his love for life.


No, he wasn't 12. Reverse the numbers.

Think I could get back in that dress?

And could someone have spoken the truth in love regarding
my obvious need for self-tanner before rocking those red lips?

Stop laughing..it's not nice.

And no comments about my beautiful bangs.

Today, we are celebrating 15 years.

I'm so lucky He planned for him to choose me....
and I'd say 'YES' all over again.




Happy Anniversary to the man who brings out the best in me every single day
and loves me and our two boys with all that he is.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny!! Happy Anniversary!! Sad we didn't get to see y'all. Hugs!!

rk said...

congratulations! I love you guys and i'm honored that i was there when this whole crazy train left the station! Tray is definitely not like the others!

Vicki Gibson, Ph.D. said...

This ALSO was the best birthday present I ever received...Laurie and Tray were married on my birthday!....love you both dearly, mom (Tray's mom)

Michele said...

Love, love the pictures. I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing with you. Very sweet!
Happy Anniversary you two!!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

You truly were the queen of big bangs and big bows back in the day. I can't believe it has been 15 years.

Kathryn said...

Oh, if I had seen those lips I would've shared the love. Promise. Wow, 15 years? That's just awesome. Make it a great day!!

Beverly said...

Beverly said: You two can boast about a wonderfully good looking and loving family! God has blessed you so much, and you have put yourselves and your family into God's hands. 15 years! That is truly awesome!

April Barcello said...

CONGRATULATIONS....and many more years to come!