Monday, September 7, 2009

Good Trade


I am a reader.

I read all kinds of things.

Books, magazines, blogs, online articles....

I guess I have a need to learn about things.

I often wonder why my oldest son asks so many questions and NEEDS to know a lot of stuff.

I'm thinking if I looked in the mirror I might just have that answer.

Apple doesn't fall far, does it?

Moving on..

If you are a reader like me, you probably have bookcases filled with books that blessed you but need new homes.

Half Price Bookstore could help....but they aren't paying much these days.

You could donate them to your church library or even your public library, as well.

But, what if you could swap them with someone and get another great book in return?

Welcome to Paperback Swap.com

I heard about this site a few months ago from a neighbor friend but hadn't taken the plunge until today.

And plunge I did, ladies. I dove in head first and posted 49 books and already have 9 requests.

Awesome! When I ship these books and they receive them, I get 1 credit for each book.

1 book= 1 credit

And I already have 2 credits for signing up and listing my first 10 books!

Yes, you do have to pay the shipping (around $2.40 for the media rate) but isn't it worth it to get a few books you have already enjoyed out of your house?

I'm thinking, yes.

I mean, really, they have just under 4 million books to choose from. I can't even wrap my brain around that one.

Did I mention they have audio books, hardback books and textbooks too?

It's time to read....swap.....and save!

2 comments:

Lisa Ashby said...

WOW! Perfect timing! I have my pile that was going to Goodwill or Half Price Books. Thanks Laurie!

Anonymous said...

That so cool! I am usually reading 3 or 4 books at a time! :D